Audis are exciting cars to drive, but if the air conditioner stops working suddenly, it can make your commute unbearable. If you are having issues with your A/C, call our experts at Auto Assets today.
Symptoms of Air Conditioner Failure in an Audi
Knowing the symptoms of air conditioner failure can give you the opportunity to get it fixed before you experience a complete malfunction. Below are the most common symptoms of air conditioner failure:
- A Leak: Usually, if your car is leaking fluid, there will be a puddle under your vehicle or some other indication. When refrigerant leaks out of your Audi, it turns into a gas that is colorless and odorless. This makes it difficult to know if you have a leak. Our mechanics can use different techniques to locate refrigerant leaks.
- The A/C is Blowing Warm Air: A failing compressor cannot pump refrigerant through the system. Without the refrigerant, the system is unable to cool the air. At first, you may not notice the difference, but over time the air will get warmer.
- Decreased Airflow: The air coming out of the vents may be cold, but the airflow is not strong. This can be caused by several factors such as a loose hose, failed seal, mold buildup or a faulty fan.
- Fuse Keeps Failing: When the compressor overheats it can blow the fuse. If you replaced the fuse, and it continues to happen, do not continue running your air conditioner. Continuing to do so can lead to a fire.
- Strange Noises: You should not hear strange noises when you turn on your air conditioner. If you are, they can be produced by the fan motor or a failing component. Have the issue checked out right away before you experience complete air conditioner failure.
- Musty Odor: You may notice a musty smell inside the cab of your car. This is caused by a dirty filter. It is important that you have your air conditioner filter and cabin filter changed per your vehicle’s guidelines.
- Burning Smell: When you turn on the A/C you may notice a burning smell. This is caused by wires that are overheating or burned.
- Water Inside the Car: When you run your air conditioner, it is natural for condensation to puddle underneath your vehicle. If the water is in the car, it means that the drain hose is plugged. This issue should be checked out right away. The water can damage the electrical system.
- Shaking: If there is shaking when you turn the A/C on, it can be caused by a failing condenser. This symptom is often referred to as “hard starting.”
- Nothing Happens: If nothing happens when you turn on the air conditioner, the compressor or a switch has probably failed.
Our Audi Services
At Auto Assets, we know your Audi is important to you, and we will take excellent care of it. Our shop is fully equipped with the same up-to-date tools and equipment as the dealerships. This lets our certified technicians provide you with the most accurate services possible.
Our Audi services include:
- A/C Service & Repair
- Brake Service & Repair
- Battery Replacement
- Check Engine Light Maintenance
- Clutch Repair
- Diagnostic Inspections
- Engine Repairs
- Factory Scheduled Services
- Fluid Checks & Changes
- Mileage Specific Maintenance
- Oil Change Services
- Preventative Maintenance
- Suspension Repairs
- Transmission Repairs
- Tire Services
- Wheel Alignments
How to Fix Your Failing A/C
A failing air conditioner can be frustrating. Our ASE certified mechanics want you to be able to enjoy the A/C in your Audi when you need it. They know the unique service requirements that your car requires. They will carefully inspect every part of your A/C system including the:
- thermal expansion valve
We offer a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty on all Auto Assets’ parts and services.
Schedule Your Service Today
At Auto Assets, we strive to offer superior customer service. Our expert mechanics have decades of experience. We have helped European automobile owners for over 30 years.
We know that it can be a hassle to wait while your car is being repaired. Our staff will do everything we can to make the experience as stress-free as possible. If you are in the Columbus, Worthington, Dublin, New Albany, or Powell, OH areas, contact us today to schedule your air conditioner service appointment.